Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Driving

My husband and father in law were working hard today on the homemade hallway closet.

They were sweating, tired and hungry so as a good wife and daughter in law I said I would take care of dinner. (The shops are closed because of Ascension Day (yeah! another day off!) so it would be chips from the local ¨snackbar¨ easy peasy and only a 5 minute drive.

I got in the car and started driving. Suddenly a police car with his flashing lights sped behind me wanting to pass to get to the emergency it needed to get to.

As you all know from a previous post, I consider myself a good driver. But it is weird that I lose that confident feeling as soon as a police car drives behind me as I forget how to drive.

I think too fast or maybe to slow, anyway not clear and focused. I start sweating and my heart starts racing. I first started to drive slow, maybe he could pass. Realizing that would be impossible because I could not go anywhere I started driving faster. A car in front of me realizes the police car behind me looking nervously in the back mirror. Finally a roundabout; I jerked at the steering wheel and turned right. (And no, I did not have to go right) I sighed a little but then I realized the police car also wanted to go right! Crap. Was he after me?? But then it swirled passed me with great speed and I ended up standing in the middle of the road taking a second until I felt totally normal again. I turned the car eventually and headed to where I was going. I had to drive around the car that drove in front of me. Apparently the person in the other car needed a breather too while awkwardly parked in the middle of the roundabout.

Finally the hard working men got there food and they did not even realize it took a little longer than normal.

Thank you, husband and father in law for the hard work today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you reflection on the post! Thank you very much for reading and commenting! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails