Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Old fart with pigtails

Yesterday was my first day back at work. Not only was I hugged by the children but also by my colleagues that thanked me for being back. I was missed and that feels great! I was also looking forward to go back to work. Giving me back some routine and the feeling of knowing what will come next. Turkey made me aware of the fact that I don’t have any spontaneous or adventures bone left in me. I don’t like surprises or the feeling I am not in control.

That makes me giggle a little because 7 years ago everything needed to be exciting and I would gag just thinking about routine. That was boring and uncalled for. I wanted to be an actress; I did wild things, moved to England and Denmark, everyday was a different day, every half year I had a different job and I loved going into town and party.

Nowadays I am married and I can act like an really old fart. Just the kind I would have despised when I was younger.

Now I just love to work from 9 to 5, come home, pay attention to my button fetish, blog, watch tv and just chill on the couch.

But don’t get me wrong because; I am 27 and yes most of the time an old fart, but an old fart with pigtails!

Because I love routine but the child in me hasn’t died yet. Instead of becoming an adult I relive my childhood very often. I still love pajama parties, singing along with Mama Mia – The sound of music – or the radio with a brush as microphone and some giddy friends, I love cuddling a blanket and my dolls and teddies, I like reading children’s books, and love to dance silly, talk silly, be silly……and sometimes be really unreasonable and childish.

So as long as I can do it in comfortable clothes at home or at my friends, and in my scheduled time I will act as childish, spontaneous and adventures as can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you reflection on the post! Thank you very much for reading and commenting! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails