Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Turkey


I can write you a, whole misleading that is, blog entry about how I love and hate turkey.

I need to do some shopping and turkey has indeed been written down. I can tell you that I especially love my mother’s turkey. We eat it every year with Christmas. Except from that year we ate chicken (and loved that as well) because Turkey was so expensive. Holland isn’t that big on turkey you see. One time my wisdom tooth needed to be removed just three days before Christmas. It did not stop me to eat this wonderfully delicious bird. I was sucking on a piece of meat for about an hour and still enjoyed myself.

And although I really love eating this bird I don’t like coming near a life one. It has to do with a childhood drama, including me, a turkey and a fence.

We lived nearby of what we would call a children’s farm. They have lots of animals and the farm is specially made to attract the smaller people. Now this particular farm had two areas, one area for the animals that walked free. So at the age of 4 I walked through those free walking animals like sheep, goats, ducks, peacocks, and also turkeys feeding them old bread.

Feeling already a little vulnerable as I realized I was even smaller than most animals there.

Suddenly one of the turkeys gained interest in me. He looked at me with his tiny head, beady eyes and red wobbly thing dangling from his nose. He started to gobble, gobble really load. Suddenly that feathery bastard started to walk towards me and I stood there frozen with wide scared eyes.

But then it screeched (that sound still haunts me) and started running. I screamed in terror, dropped the bread, and lit out toward safety, with the turkey in full pursuit. Those gobble, gobble things are huge, and they move like the goddamned wind; it was a pretty close foot race to the fence where my mother was standing in equal fear as soon as she noticed the bird was going to kill her baby girl. She grabbed me and saved me from the devil turkey.

I still have chills thinking about it.

Yes I can write about my love and hate relationship with turkeys. But I am not going to……

Because this blog entry is about the COUNTRY Turkey where we will be going to and stay in a Four Star Resort, all inclusive, 8 days from April 13th until April the 20th. YEAH!

2 comments:

  1. Bad Turkey, haha. I hope the country is more to your liking ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweety. I hope so to. Talk to u when I get back!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you reflection on the post! Thank you very much for reading and commenting! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails