Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Swimfish

I love my job. 

Don’t get me wrong I seriously have patience issues and some days I would just love to open a window and throw the children out, one by one. Swinging them by their arms, hair, legs just like the headmaster from ¨Mathilda¨ would do.




Or would just like to rub their little noses in the rough facts of life when they stubbornly tell me that the color red is blue and Miss Sarah is being foolish not to see that. Sometimes it makes me bonkers mad in resulting that toilet brakes are extended to just escape the tiny, penetrating, eager, demanding, exited ,shrill, voices.

But everybody has their ¨off¨ days, right?

Most of the time I really enjoy listening to their stories, playing with them and doing our day to day things.
Like today. The sun was shining. And we could play outside the entire afternoon. Sitting in the sun and watching the smaller children playing with sand and the older children running around playing tag is a blissfully thing to do.

The small things make this job worthwhile. First off we can enjoy the weather without being trapped in doors behind a screen while the sun is shining. The children say stuff like; ¨Miss Sarah when you where a little boy did you like going down the slide? ¨ Or when you ask about a drawing about fish they tell you; ¨Well Miss Sarah I have drawn a ¨swimfish¨

We get loads of hugs and kisses!!!!

They tell you that they love you and would love to be just like you when they grow up. (Off course they tell every teacher that!)

Miss you when you are not there. Thank you for when you dried their tears and helped their bleeding knee look wonderful again with a Winnie the poo bandage.

The ones that love to play with your hair. Or eavesdrop while I play with their hair and tell a colleague I would love to have a girl just to be able to play with her hair. Resulting in the ¨eavesdropper¨ turning around and saying: ¨Sarah, I can be your girl, when I am here.¨


It’s wonderful to see when they are proud as they achieved something after you encouraged them to try again. And so on really.

Maybe it doesn’t sound exciting. But I feel needed and loved every day. I can teach and make a difference in their lives. Especially for those who don’t have a loving household to go home to.

It makes me happy and enjoy and treasure those moments.

And today just before I left to go home one of the girls held my leg really tight. ¨Missy, she said, I will weally miss you.¨

Because after tomorrow I have two weeks of care free, no shouting, no demanding, no playing the same game over and over again, no yelling and giving warnings, HOLDIDAY!!!!!! And I so need that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you reflection on the post! Thank you very much for reading and commenting! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails