Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Addiction

I am addicted. Not to smoking because since the third of April I haven’t touched a cigarette again. (feeling proud!) Not to drinking because I don’t like taste or the effect of alcohol. Not to gambling, I don’t like to gamble with my hard earned money. But I am addicted and BIG time!

¨Hi everybody, my name is Sarah and I am addicted.¨

¨Hi Sarah….¨ Reply of my fellow addicts….

¨It is really hard. It’s a decease,¨ I explain. ¨I know it affects my everyday being. I feel sad when I don’t do it.¨ Heads nodding up and down, agreeing and understanding.

¨Even my husband and dear friends have to suffer from it. But even though, I cannot stop, I will not stop, I won’t ever stop. It’s an addiction I and my friends and family have to live with.¨ People look at me confused.

¨Yes, I understand know. I have acknowledged the fact I am addicted. And that is good. But I also have acknowledged that I will never be able to stop buying stuff online REALLY ridiculously cheap!!

¨My name is Sarah and I am addicted to secondhand internet shopping. (Especially MARKTPLAATS (dutch ebay, it’s online treasure hunting)

¨And my favorite online addiction, find? Hands down this lamp and all of my buttons!’’






















Second best find?
My retro chair in the bedroom:
 
 





















Only the true addicts know that this addiction will never be beaten with these kind of beauties out there!

1 comment:

  1. Hhahahaha een verslaafde schoondochter toch wel leuk hoor die gekte van jou en vooral je leuke koopjes en knoopjes!! Ik zou zeggen leef je er maar lekker op uit het is een top verslaving! En het niet roken van jou....meid wat ben ik trots op je!! En mocht je je vervelen :) dan maak je maar een mooi knopen boeket voor je schoonmamsi!!
    Dikke X van Olga

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you reflection on the post! Thank you very much for reading and commenting! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails