Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Good news

I had this ....the pain is gone, why did you go to the doctors, you whiney and those antibiotic pills won’t be needed after all ….moment. It did not last for long as the pain is back. Big time.
The diagnosis was made by me, previous experiences with bladder infections and Google. I did not need antibiotics! I spend 20 euro’s on a healthy natural cranberry cure for Peet’s sake!

The pain has worsened over the weekend so I decided to go to the doctors anyway.
I am stubborn and don’t like going to a doctor as they normally make you feel silly you came. Today I went to my new doctor expecting the same treatment. But instead he took it very serious. More than I did even.

As soon as I enter the doctor’s practice the pain seems to be less, always. Like I faked it before. I feel like I have wasted everybody’s time by coming before I even have seen a doctor. He will probably just tell me to take a pain killer and get over myself.

The waiting room is a peculiar room. It’s so quiet. The people are so quiet. Until a new patient enters the waiting room and we all wish the new person a good morning. When the new person has taking a seat the silence takes over again. Shuffling feet, a cough, a few whispers, a sniff, a scratch, a sigh. Then a mother and her child enter and the silence fills with a child’s voice who doesn’t understand the awkwardness and silence you normally occur in waiting rooms. The mother tries to talk softly back and looks up nervously at the other people. We all laugh letting her know we understand.

The silence and the child’s voice get interrupted by a loud male voice wanting someone to come with him.

Me and husband came out with a lot of instructions this time. Antibiotics and hospital appointment. An urge plead that if it would worsen to make a call.

So I came home and had that moment were I thought I was being silly because the pain was less.
Now I wish for more of those moments. I have real pain. A pain that is taken seriously by my new doctor and that is the good news I wanted to share with you today.

¨If you trust Google more than your doctor then maybe it's time to switch doctors. ¨

Jadelr and Cristina Cordova, Chasing Windmills, 08-21-06

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you reflection on the post! Thank you very much for reading and commenting! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails