Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mysterious parcel


I love getting postcards, parcels, letters well actually anything coming throw the letterbox or delivered by the postman. (Except; bills, tax, anything costing me money)
A sweet card from a friend saying that she thinks of me or a postcard from an exotic country or a parcel with wonderful vintage bought goodies. It’s especially wonderful when you don’t expect it and you come home from a tiring day and a card is waiting for you on the mat. An ¨old school¨ card can make your day. For me it beats all the text messages or online e-cards I have gotten.

But when we came home today there was a letter from the postman saying that he tried to deliver a parcel and he would try again tomorrow.

At this point I looked puzzled at my husband as he looked as puzzled back. It did not say who it would be from but it was large as they needed to hand it over to me instead of throwing it through the letterbox.

Coming back on the whole: ¨it’s wonderful when you don’t expect it¨ part, because I now know I have a parcel waiting for me but it isn’t that fun when you cannot open it straight away especially when you do not have a clue who it’s from and what it is!
I wonder who would send me a parcel without me knowing? Actually I am not as much wondering anymore as being obsessed about it.

Could I have won something? Did I pay for something and forgot about it? Is it a gift from a secret admirer? A gift from a friend or family member? What is it?!

Hopefully I will find out tomorrow and you will to.

For now my beautiful mantel piece which looks great under the huge clock in the living room and my lovely vintage aprons I bought on marktplaats:





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you reflection on the post! Thank you very much for reading and commenting! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails