Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

The cheese Farm

I had a wonderful work day. The children were absolutely adorable and we had a fun excursion today. We visited a cheese farm. The farmer was already waiting for us to give us a tour around the farm when we arrived there. We saw cows and horses and the children learned how the cows were milked and what you can make from milk.


The farmer’s wife taught the children how cheese was made. A very warm and kind woman that loved children and her work at the farm. Here enthusiasm was really felt and the children behaved lovely and listened to everything she had to say. It’s so nice to meet people that really love what they are doing. They were allowed to taste the cheese and even make one.

Afterwards the children were allowed to explore the farm on their own except from an area the cows walked freely. Only the adults where allowed there the farmer explained. So they were to look at the animals behind the gate.

Miss Sarah, miss Sarah! One of the children shouted.

Yes? I asked as I was walking towards the child.

Look, he is peeing!!

Well, I laughed, first off yes cows also need to pee and second I need to ask you something. Are cows boys or girls?

Both! He said without even thinking.

Really….? So what are bulls?

Boys! He said without thinking again.

I looked at him with exaggerated doubt on my face. So what are cows then?

Booooth! He said irritated…I just said so.

Yes, you did I said, but how can you see when it’s a boy or a girl then?

A boy has horns….

A bull I asked?

Yes.

So what are cows then because I do not see any horns?

……right at this point he just looked at me really bothered…..

Well he said….boys and some girl’s but it is a man’s world!!

I nearly peed myself like the cow we were watching from laughing.

And he continued we are not to go there! He pointed beyond the gate. Do you know why?

Yes I said I do. Do you know to?

Yes he said. Because we are not human yet…!

I had to run to a toilet at this point…

Have a nice weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. that sounds fun, i loved going to the milk farm as a child, i actually signed up to win a cow when my mom took us to an event and won! My mother was less then thrilled when she found out (we lived in a small apartment at the time) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! But so cool you actually won the cow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dat is echt hilarisch, de dingen die kinderen toch zeggen hè. Schitterend. Echt heel leuke foto ook. Ik ben zo ook een keer naar een kaasboerderij geweest, echt heel erg leuk zo tussen de koeien.

    groetjes Adriana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ja, echt he...hoe komen ze er toch op? :D

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you reflection on the post! Thank you very much for reading and commenting! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails